POSITION: UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: FEDERAL SITE LEAD
LOCATION: SAN ANTONIO, TX (DISA)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
Analyze and evaluate major project system requirements of considerable complexity requiring a thorough understanding of all parameters affecting and interfacing with the system. Provide direction in problem resolution and system sustainment to maintain customer requirements. Tasks include but are not limited to Solaris and RedHat Linux operating system (OS) installation and configuration, OS and security patching, software installation to provide data backup support and diagnostic tools, and data storage implementation, configuration and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Qualified candidates shall administer AIX UNIX operating systems running on multiple domains.
- Execute startups and shutdowns of each system and domain
- Installation of operating systems, patches, bug fixes and advisories
- Configure the OS and server to conform with current Security policy and procedures
- Monitor and report unauthorized access attempts
- Monitor and apply all necessary OS security patches
- Install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot disk space and file system usage
- Configure and troubleshoot high-availability hardware and software solutions
- Create, monitor, and manage logical volume and mirror disk features
- Monitor and manage system resources
- Create shell programs and schedule jobs to run through “cron”
- Maintain an inventory of system level hardware and software configurations
- Initiate, review, update, and respond to trouble tickets
- Document all system downtime, hardware failure, etc.
- Define and implement system backup and recovery procedures
- Perform system backups and recoveries
- Create, administer, and monitor all OS-level accounts
- Control and manage root or “root-equivalent” access
- Performance monitoring Performance tuning
- Insertion and removal of tapes upon request
- Monitor and manage audit logs
- Monitoring of hardware error messages and taking appropriate action
- Problem determination and troubleshooting, as required
- Comply with IAW DoD Directive 8570.1M
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
Technical Experience – 4 years minimum experience in the following:
- File System Management (JFS and JFS2 file systems and logical volume management)
- Device Configuration
- Managing System and Network Security Disk Management
- System Backup and Disaster Recovery
- TCP/IP, Domain Name Server (DNS), Network File System (NFS)
- Commands for System Administrators Installation and Patches
- System Resource Controller (SRC) Shell Scripts
- Extensive knowledge of IBM AIX to include virtualization, installations, upgrades, and application of patches.
- Ability to write shell scripts to automate tasks. Perl scripting is a plus.
- Understanding of TCP/IP Networking and troubleshooting.
- Experience supporting standard UNIX services (BIND, Sendmail, NFS, FTP, SSH, DNS, Syslog facility)
- AIX pSeries configuration and maintenance. HMC command line.
- Knowledge of IBM SAN best practices, including configuring RAID arrays and custom zoning.
- Knowledge of IBM Storage Manager Client and SAN Volume Controller (SVC).
- Kerberos management
- IBM AIX (most current version)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Possess a current Security + Certification
- OS Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment.
- Must have a minimum active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Top Secret Clearance/SCI.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
At ICS, employees are afforded the benefit of a stable growing company with an opportunity to see where their contributions make a positive impact on customers and the company each and every day.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.