POSITION: LEAD SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR – WINDOWS SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: DECC-MONTGOMERY OPM 3 TEAM LEAD
LOCATION: GUNTER AFB, MONTGOMERY (DISA BLDG)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME; DAY-SHIFT
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
Lead/Senior WINDOWS System Administrator responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple Windows based Operating Systems supporting Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Operations, Defense Enterprise Computing Center-Montgomery (DECC-Montgomery) located at Maxwell Air Force Base – Gunter Annex, Montgomery Alabama during Day-Shift and maintaining world-wide availability of computing platforms supporting Department of Defense (DoD) missions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual performs duties that include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems. Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing. Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of Windows based software. Investigates and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Responsible for preventive maintenance on Windows operating systems as well as repair to system/environmental problems. May interface with vendors for trouble calls and provides escalation support for service desk personnel and may be called upon to support service desk activities during surges and other contingency situations
- Strong Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge of System Administration topologies
- Experience with enterprise management and administration tools
- Setting up and maintaining multiple different types/versions of Windows operating systems
- Troubleshoot and actively work incident management responses related to Windows operating systems and related tool sets;
- Provide integration support, when requested, to integrate systems and tool sets into overall processes, procedures and systems;
- Support cybersecurity and IA policy efforts to maintain the cybersecurity posture of Windows systems, related hardware and support tools;
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and
- Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in such a matter as to gain understanding and acceptance from others
- Self-starter, motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong analytical skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience) with 5 – 8 years of experience or 8+ years’ experience providing Windows System Administration support in network and software development environments ensuring mission success in support of DoD unclassified/classified networking environments
- Current Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) Certification – CompTIA Security+ preferred
- Computing Environment Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) preferred
- Must have a minimum active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Top Secret Clearance.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
- Office environment