POSITION: SENIOR UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: DECC-MONTGOMERY TEAM LEAD
LOCATION: GUNTER AFB, MONTGOMERY
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME; DAY-SHIFT
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
Lead/Senior UNIX System Administrator responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple UNIX based Operating Systems supporting Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Operations, Defense Enterprise Computing Center-Montgomery (DECC-Montgomery) located at Maxwell Air Force Base Gunter Annex, Montgomery Alabama during Day-Shift and maintaining world-wide availability of computing platforms supporting Department of Defense (DoD) missions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual performs duties that include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems. Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing. Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of UNIX based software. Investigates and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Responsible for preventive maintenance on UNIX operating systems as well as repair to system/environmental problems. May interface with vendors for trouble calls and provides escalation support for service desk personnel and may be called upon to support service desk activities during surges and other contingency situations
- Strong UNIX server administration
- In-depth knowledge of System Administration topologies
- Experience with enterprise management and administration tools
- Setting up and maintaining multiple different types/versions of UNIX operating systems
- Troubleshoot and actively work incident management responses related to UNIX operating systems and related tool sets;
- Provide integration support, when requested, to integrate systems and tool sets into overall processes, procedures and systems;
- Support cybersecurity and IA policy efforts to maintain the cybersecurity posture of UNIX systems, related hardware and support tools;
- Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and
- Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in such a matter as to gain understanding and acceptance from others
- Self-starter, motivated, organized, and detail oriented
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies quickly
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong analytical skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience) with 8 years of experience or 8+ years experience providing UNIX System Administration support in network and software development environments ensuring mission success in support of DoD unclassified/classified networking environments
- Current Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) Certification – CompTIA Security+ preferred
- Computing Environment Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment UNIX/LINUX Operation Environment certification preferred
Must have a minimum active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Top Secret Clearance.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
At ICS, employees are afforded the benefit of a stable growing company with an opportunity to see where their contributions make a positive impact on customers and the company each and every day.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.