POSITION: AGILE COACH
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: FEDERAL SITE LEAD
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
Experience transforming initiatives to deliver lasting change within agencies that focus on delivering value for citizens.
Coaches may be required to work either:
- at the team level, working with teams to ensure that delivery teams within agencies are adopting agile and performing effectively
- at the portfolio or program level, to help agencies to establish the right processes for managing a portfolio of work in an agile way
- at the organization level, to drive strategic change across the organization and ensure that adoption of agile techniques is embedded from the most senior levels of the organization
- or across all levels to ensure that organizations adopt a pragmatic approach to the way in which they govern delivery and continuous improvement of digital services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embed an agile culture using techniques from a wide range or agile and lean methodologies and frameworks, but be methodology agnostic
- Help to create an open and trust-based environment, which enables a focus on delivery and facilitates continuous improvement
- Assess the culture of a team or organization and delivery processes in place to identify improvements and facilitate these improvements with the right type of support
- Showcase relevant tools and techniques such as coaching, advising, workshops, and mentoring
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Develop clear lines of escalation, in agreement with senior managers
- Ensure any stakeholder can easily find out an accurate and current project or program status, without disruption to delivery
- Work effectively with other suppliers and agencies
- Apply best tools and techniques to: team roles, behaviors, structure and culture, agile ceremonies and practices, knowledge transfer and sharing, program management, cross team coordination, and overall governance of digital service delivery
- Ensure key metrics and requirements that support the team and delivery are well defined and maintained
- Equip staff with the ability to coach others
- If organization level, executive coaching on the fundamental considerations of digital service delivery design
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
At ICS, employees are afforded the benefit of a stable growing company with an opportunity to see where their contributions make a positive impact on customers and the company each and every day.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.