POSITION: BACKEND WEB DEVELOPER
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: FEDERAL SITE LEAD
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
Experience using modern, open source software to prototype and deploy backend web applications, including all aspects of server-side processing, data storage, and integration with frontend development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Web development using open-source web programming languages (e.g., Ruby, Python) and frameworks (e.g., Django, Rails)
- Developing and consuming web-based, RESTful APIs
- Using and working in team environments that use agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Lean)
- Authoring developer-friendly documentation (e.g., API documentation, deployment operations)
- Test-driven development
- Use of version control systems, specifically Git and GitHub
- Quickly researching and learning new programming tools and techniques
- Relational and non-relational database systems
- Scalable search technology (e.g. ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
- Using and working with open source solutions and community
- Communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
At ICS, employees are afforded the benefit of a stable growing company with an opportunity to see where their contributions make a positive impact on customers and the company each and every day.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.