Company Position Title: Database Administrator III – Database Administration Intermediate
Agency/Department: Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Operations, Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC) Montgomery / Federal Support Staff
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: DISA, Maxwell AFB – Gunter Annex, Montgomery AL
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports To: DECC-Montgomery OPM 3 Team Lead
Serves as a Intermediate Database Administrator for DISA Operations, DECC-Montgomery located at Maxwell Air Force Base – Gunter Annex, Montgomery Alabama during Day-shift, responsible for performing database administration in support of varying Database Management Systems (DBMS) platforms, computing environments, and associated applications. This individual performs general DBMS management activities in accordance with government provided documentation. These activities include, but are not limited to running and monitoring successful execution of mission partner provided scripts, monitoring database backups and responding to failures, loading database patches, monitoring and responding to monitoring software and customer furnished ticketing system. Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on database management systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems. Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of database management software. Responsible for preventive maintenance on database management systems as well as repair to system/environmental problems. May interface with vendors for trouble calls and provides escalation support for service desk personnel and may be called upon to support service desk activities during surges and other contingency situations.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and intermediate-level knowledge in Database Management Systems to include performing a variety of complex assignments associated with installation, configuring, managing, monitoring and controlling DBMS operating and supporting system software; analyzing system faults, troubleshooting incidents, and conducting series of diagnostic tests on both systems and hardware to detect and resolve problems effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing and preparing technical documentation, installing software, researching and recommending methods and techniques to improve operations, conducting preventive maintenance, and managing/administering multiple technical projects with varying schedules.
- DoD 8570:
– Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) Certification: CompTIA Security+ preferred
– Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification
– Computing Environment (CE) Certification: • OCA or MCSA preferred
- Required: Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated
- Must have Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 2-3 years of experience or 4+ years experience providing database administration support ensuring mission success of DoD unclassified/classified computing environments
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.
- Act as an intermediate database administrator within the DISA DECC‑Montgomery environment; ensure all support is provided in a professional manner 100% of the time; ensure all support is accomplished IAW applicable ICS and customer documentation, policy and procedures and is documented in appropriate documentation or as otherwise directed, 95% of the time; provide database administration, systems analysis, troubleshooting and integration support for varying DBMS platforms and associated tools without assistance from other team members for normal operations 95% of the time in support of DISA’s mission, and DISA’s Mission Assurance partners’ missions while helping to maintain 98.5% uptime per Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements
- Develop and maintain work-related documentation following ICS, DISA and DECC-Montgomery provided formats 90% of the time, ensuring 95% accuracy, and meeting deadlines for each delivered item 95% of the time. Review 10% of previously published documentation on a monthly basis and provide updates as necessary in support of system and network certification efforts
- Provide technical database administration support for customers/partners; ensure support is provided in a professional manner 100% of the time; ensure support is documented accurately and accomplished within deadlines 95% of the time
- Acquire certifications as required by DoD Directive 8570 and DECC‑Montgomery, complete specialized IA-related training and maintain 100% compliance throughout assignment by actively participating in the Continuing Education programs as required per certification and/or specialized training
- Accurately record hours worked in ICS’ time accounting system each day worked or as otherwise directed by ICS Leadership, with 100% compliance, and provide appropriate inputs to the Weekly and Monthly Activity Reports on time as directed by ICS Task Lead and/or Team Lead, with 100% compliance
- Provide technical expertise and support for varying DBMS platform subjects, concepts, and tool sets supporting DECC‑Montgomery operations, specific tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Setting up and installing varying versions of the DBMS platforms supported at DECCM;
- Troubleshoot and actively work incident management responses related to DBMS platforms and related tool sets;
- Provide integration support, when requested, to integrate systems and tool sets into overall processes, procedures and systems;
- Support cybersecurity and IA policy efforts to maintain the cybersecurity posture of DBMS platforms, related hardware and support tools;
- Exercise independent judgement in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and
- Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in such a metter as to gain understanding and acceptance from others
- Improve the customer’s operating environment by providing expert support while also maintaining the cybersecurity/IA posture of systems/hardware managed/administered for both DECC‑Montgomery and DISA Mission Partners’ assets
- Special projects as assigned