Company Position Title: Desktop Support Technician – SIPRNet
Agency/Department: Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) / Federal Support Staff
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: AFRC, Robins AFB, Warner Robins, GA
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports To: AFRC Enterprise IT Services Contract Team Lead
Job Purpose: Serves as a Desktop Support Technician for HQ AFRC/A6 services located at Robins Air Force Base (AFB), Warner Robins Georgia responsible for providing Tier 0 and 1 support for systems on the Non-secure Internet Protocol Routed Network (NIPRNet) and Secure Internet Protocol Routed Network (SIPRNet) utilizing the Remedy Management Systems (RMS) to maintain work ticket and historical incident/problem reporting information.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing Tier 0 and 1 technical support by functioning as focal point for user and workstation problem resolution to include providing end-to-end ownership of incidents with actual or potential impact to operations with a focus on providing support to those on SIPRNet
- Utilize Remedy to enter, document, track, coordinate, route, resolve, and close user ticket issues to include creating and maintaining a central repository for technical advice and solutions for network systems, software applications assistance, automatic data processing support, hardware exchange, and repair service support, and assisting with reporting network performance metrics using the Remedy Action Reporting System
- Support Information Assurance (IA) duties, as required by AFNet to include remediating vulnerabilities on assigned systems, recording cybersecurity posture in AF designated systems, and being “always ready” for a Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI)
- Provide technical support for workstations (desktops, laptops, tablets, zero clients, mobile devices, tablets) to include developing and deploying images, and providing work-assist tech refresh for workstations, printers, hand-held mobile devices
- Exercise sound judgement in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and identify upgrade needs, and anticipate customer requirements by effectively planning, scheduling, and overseeing system upgrades
- Evaluate and recommend use of software, guidelines, procedures, and development of project plans to offer prompt resolution options, patch management, version control and administrative systems expertise
- Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in a manner to establish a partnership
- Improve the customer’s operating environment by providing expert support while also maintaining the cybersecurity/IA posture of systems/hardware managed/administered for HQ AFRC
- Compliance with all safety and security standards and perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Technical Capability
- Ethical Conduct
- Collaborative Approach
- Quality Compliance
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional secure office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical / Mental Demands
This is primarily a sedentary role; however, some mobility and filing is required. This would require the ability to move from one location to another, lift files, open filing cabinets, and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to make read, analyze and interpret data for long periods and make decisions in a high pressure environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time position working an average hours of 40 per week to meet the needs to the contract hours requirement. The employee must be available during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and is expected to work at least 8 hours a day. After hours or work in addition to 40 per week may be necessary.
Limited travel is expected for this position, less than 10% throughout the year.
Education and Experience:
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II)Â and Computing Environment (CE) Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 2 years of experience providing Windows system administration support in an enterprise environment or;
- 4+ years experience providing Windows system administration support in a Department of Defense (DoD) network and software development environments or;
- Equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted.
- Minimum active Secret Clearance and ability to maintain SECRET clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT-II Certification: CompTIA Security+CE
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical expertise and comprehensive knowledge of workstations utilizing the Windows operating system and maintaining the functionality and cybersecurity posture of individual devices
- Proficient with the effective use of Remedy to enter, document, track, coordinate, route, resolve, and close user ticket
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments to include analysis of system faults, troubleshooting incidents, and conducting a series of diagnostic tests on both systems and hardware to detect, prevent and resolve problems effectively and efficiently
- Skilled with coding, testing, implementing, and maintaining scripts in Microsoft PowerShell