Company Position Title: Network Technician, FAX/IPTV/EA Focus
Agency/Department: Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) / Federal Support Staff
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: AFRC, Robins AFB, Warner Robins, GA
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports To: AFRC Enterprise IT Services Contract Team Lead
Job Purpose: Serves as a Network Technician and system expert for FAX, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and Enterprise Architecture (EA) servers/system software for HQ AFRC/A6 located at Robins Air Force Base (AFB), Warner Robins Georgia responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of multiple Systems supporting AFRC operations.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing technical support associated with network support within a Windows operating systems environment to include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, and validating and implementing critical system patches.
- Responsible for managing FAX and IPTV environment to include setting up accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, assisting the government in developing policy, and coordinating the testing/documentation/evaluation/implementation of new FAX and/or IPTV technology.
- Performs Tier 3 support for EA servers to include troubleshooting both network and associated server issues, maintaining the cybersecurity posture, and maintaining configuration of the system and supporting subcomponents
- Ability to direct essential application management functions, set up and maintain multiple and different types /versions of the Windows Operating Environment (OE), supporting tools, middleware, supporting system software, Change and Config Control, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) application, Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) creating seamless integration into the HQ AFRC environment for supported customers.
- Analyze diagnostics of applications, system and vendor software, and resolve database /application system performance/challenges, administer/execute database application development utilities, system and vendor software; and monitoring and tuning network, FAX, IPTV & EA systems, software upgrades, propose and implement enhancements, installations, maintenance to improve performance and reliability within the supported operating environment
- Exercise sound judgement in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria associated with obtaining results under this contract; and identify upgrade needs, and anticipate customer requirements by effectively planning, scheduling, and overseeing system upgrades.
- Evaluate and recommend use of software, guidelines, procedures, and development of project plans to offer prompt resolution options, patch management, version control and administrative systems expertise
- Interacts with both customer and contract leadership relating complex technical issues/solutions in a manner to establish a partnership
- Improve the customers operating environment by providing expert support while also maintaining the cybersecurity/IA posture of systems/hardware managed/administered for HQ AFRC
- Compliance with all safety and security standards and perform other duties/projects as assigned
- Technical Capability
- Ethical Conduct
- Collaborative Approach
- Quality Compliance
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional secure office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical / Mental Demands
This is primarily a sedentary role; however, some mobility and filing is required. This would require the ability to move from one location to another, lift files, open filing cabinets, and bending or standing on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to make read, analyze and interpret data for long periods and make decisions in a high pressure environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time position working an average hours of 40 per week to meet the needs to the contract hours requirement. The employee must be available during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and is expected to work at least 8 hours a day. After hours or work in addition to 40 per week may be necessary.
Limited travel is expected for this position, less than 10% throughout the year.
Education and Experience:
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical Level II (IAT-II) and Computing Environment (CE) Certifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline plus 2 years of experience providing Windows system administration support in an enterprise environment or;
- 4+ years experience providing Windows system administration support in a Department of Defense (DoD) network and software development environments or;
- Equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted.
- Minimum active Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and ability to maintain TS SCI clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT-II Certification: CompTIA Security+CE
- DoD 8570 CE Certification: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Certification preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Version 3 Foundation Certification
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical expertise and comprehensive knowledge of data networking, both on a local and enterprise basis, Windows operating system and maintaining the functionality and cybersecurity posture of individual devices
- Proficient with installation, configuring, managing, monitoring, operating and cybersecurity posture maintenance of FAX, Internet Protocol Television and Enterprise Architecture supporting system software
- Ability to perform a variety of complex assignments to include analysis of system faults, troubleshooting incidents, and conducting a series of diagnostic tests on both systems and hardware to detect, prevent and resolve problems effectively and efficiently
- Skilled with coding, testing, implementing, and maintaining scripts in Microsoft PowerShell
- Proven experience reviewing and preparing technical documentation, testing and installing software, researching and recommending methods and techniques to improve operations, conducting preventive maintenance, and managing/administering multiple technical projects with varying schedules to achieve optimal operation efficiency