POSITION: INTERACTION DESIGNER/USER RESEARCHER/USABILITY TESTER
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: FEDERAL SITE LEAD
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
The Interaction Designer / User Researcher / Usability Tester is part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team focused on improving usability, user experience, and driving user adoption and engagement. They are responsible for conducting user research, analysis & synthesis, persona development, interaction design, and usability testing to create products that delight our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture, interaction design, and usability testing
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture
- Lead participatory and iterative design activities, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Produce user requirements specifications & experience goals, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale and goals both verbally and visually
- Plan and facilitate collaborative critiques and analysis & synthesis working sessions
- Work closely with visual designers and development teams to ensure that customer goals are met and design specifications are delivered upon
- Designs and develops primarily internet/web pages and applications
- Develops proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy-to-navigate user interfaces (UIs) that consists of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing
- Researches user needs as well as potential system enhancements
- Has familiarity to, or may actually: code, test, debug documents, and implement web applications using a variety of platforms
- Planning, recruiting, and facilitating the usability testing of a system
- Analyzing and synthesizing the results of usability testing in order to provide recommendations for change to a system
- May create such artifacts as Usability Testing Plan, Testing Scripts, and Usability Testing Report
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
At ICS, employees are afforded the benefit of a stable growing company with an opportunity to see where their contributions make a positive impact on customers and the company each and every day.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.