POSITION: JUNIOR DESKTOP SYSTEMS SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: FEDERAL SITE LEAD
LOCATION: MONTGOMERY, AL (DISA)
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
EXEMPTION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
This position is for an entry level Windows Desktop Security systems administrator. The successful candidate will perform security management of windows domain connected workstations and laptops using Group Policy Objects (GPOs), batch and powershell scripts, vendor patches and other procedures. Candidate will operate as part of a team but will be largely expected to function with minimal management supervision once trained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of a team, perform security management of approximately 850 workstations across 5 network enclaves.
- Investigate, analyze, and solve security deficiencies with client workstations
- Be able to effectively administer Group Policy with Group Policy Management Console and PowerShell to include:
o Creating/deleting/renaming GPOs.
o Linking/unlinking GPOs and WMI filters.
o Delegating Security on GPOs and WMI filters.
o Delegating Group Policy-related security on sites, domains, OUs.
o Delegating Creation rights for GPOs and WMI filters.
o Generating reports of GPO settings.
o Generating reports of RSOP data.
o Backup/Restore of GPOs.
o Import/Export, Copy/Paste of GPOs.
o Search for GPOs, WMI filters, SOMs, and backups.
o Patch / upgrade / uninstall software through Group Policy
- Identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities by applying security policies and procedures–ensure guidelines from the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) are implemented
- Ensure all workstations are STIG compliant; identify and resolve all Cat 1, 2, and 3 vulnerabilities; coordinate eEye Retina scan between Security Office and System Administrators; recommend IA Approval
- Ensure all workstations are identified in ESPS (Enterprise Security Posture System) utilize ESPS to resolve all cat 1, 2, and 3 vulnerabilities
- Ensure all workstations are identified in the Vulnerability Management System (VMS); utilize VMS to track, monitor, and control the mitigation of security vulnerabilities, apply IAVA recommendations, acknowledge and close vulnerabilities, and develop Plan of Actions and Milestones (POAM) based on customer requirements and effect of applying fix to applications
- Identify and mitigate security vulnerabilities on desktops and laptops by following security policies and approved procedures
- Listen patiently and interpret user information for accurate diagnosis of issues
- Troubleshoot to determine root cause of problem and resolve efficiently
- Prioritize own workload and be able to reprioritize as projects evolve and needs change
- Able to simplify and communicate complex technical issues clearly and persuasively
- Accepts responsibility for the overall quality of service
- Solid oral and written communication skills a must
- Create reports for use by managers for various requirements
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work with on-site and off-site team members
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Must have active SECRET security clearance and confidence that investigation will support upgrade to TOP SECRET
- Minimum of 1 year employment experience in each of the following areas required:
o Supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, patches, upgrades
o PC hardware components and peripherals
o Understanding of Active Directory
o Understanding of TCP/IP networks with port security
o Understanding of firewalls and effects on client applications a significant plus
o Must be able to lift and move up to 40 pounds unassisted throughout daily activities
- Common Access Card (CAC) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) experience a significant plus
- Experience working on a help desk/support center a significant plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Possess a current Security + Certification
- OS Certification will be required through self-study within six (6) months of employment.
- Must have a minimum active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Top Secret Clearance/SCI.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
At ICS, employees are afforded the benefit of a stable growing company with an opportunity to see where their contributions make a positive impact on customers and the company each and every day.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.