POSITION: TECHNICAL ARCHITECT
DEPARTMENT: FEDERAL SUPPORT STAFF
REPORTS TO: FEDERAL SITE LEAD
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: FULL-TIME
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
Experience serving as the manager of complex technology implementations, with an eye toward constant reengineering and refactoring to ensure the simplest and most elegant system possible to accomplish the desired need. Understands how to maximally leverage the open source community to deploy systems on infrastructure as a service provider. Comfortable with liberally sharing knowledge across a multi-disciplinary team and working within agile methodologies. A full partner in the determination of vision, objectives, and success criteria.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architecting the overall system, by using prototyping and proof of concepts, which may include:
- modern programming languages (e.g., Ruby, Python, Node.js) and web frameworks (e.g., Django, Rails)
- modern front-end web programming techniques (e.g., HTML5, CSS3, RESTful APIs) and frameworks (e.g., Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery)
- relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL), and “NoSQL” databases (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB)
- automated configuration management (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt), continuous integration/deployment, and continuous monitoring solutions
- Use of version control systems, specifically Git and GitHub
- Ensuring strategic alignment of technical design and architecture to meet business growth and direction, and stay on top of emerging technologies
- Decomposing business and system architecture to support clean-interface multi-team development
- Developing product roadmaps, backlogs, and measurable success criteria, and writing user stories (i.e., can establish a path to delivery for breaking down stories)
- Clearly communicates and works with stakeholders at every level
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word to multiple stakeholders including peers, mid-level and senior leadership.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrinated
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the English language.
At ICS, employees are afforded the benefit of a stable growing company with an opportunity to see where their contributions make a positive impact on customers and the company each and every day.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. extends equal opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, disability, status as a covered veteran or any other legally protected status. This is affirmed in our policies and in all of our employment decisions and personnel actions including compensation, benefits, promotions, training, terminations, social and recreational activities.
Integrated Computer Solutions, Inc. adheres to the principles of equal opportunity employment and takes affirmative action to provide opportunities to women and minorities, persons with disabilities and certain covered veterans. ICS provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals and protected veterans who identify their status and specify their need.